The biggest game of LSU’s season is quickly approaching! Les Miles had a busy day with the media. Miles spoke about Leonard Fournette, his lead blocker and an important defensive player who could be making his 2015 debut.
Here are three things to know:
- Miles will do anything in his power to protect Fournette. Miles said he has no problem playing the bad guy if things get out of hand with Fournette’s media exposure.
- Fournette might be without his lead blocker for quite a while. Fullback JD Moore might miss the next two games with a knee injury suffered during last Saturday’s win against South Carolina.
- There was some good news on the injury front. Miles said defensive back Jalen Mills should make his 2015 debut on Saturday against Florida.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter gave Miles’ recollection of the 2007 Florida-LSU game in what turned out to be a historic game for the Tigers.
- Kleinpeter also takes a look at former LSU offensive lineman La’El Collins, who is now a starter for the Dallas Cowboys. Collins went undrafted after he was involved in a murder investigation just before last spring’s draft.
Best stories around the SEC
- A presidential candidate created a logo that looked strikingly similar to the SEC’s trademark.
- Suspended Florida quarterback Will Grier’s father wrote about his son’s performance enhancing drug use.
- An Alabama defensive tackle is soaring up ESPN expert Todd McShay’s draft board.
- Tennessee cornerback Cam Sutton has drastically improved his draft stock this season.
— Jim Kleinpeter (@JimKleinpeter) October 15, 2015