Happy Friday, LSU fans.
We continue to inch closer to the start of LSU spring practices. We looked forward to that, as well as the Tigers’ ongoing efforts on the recruiting trail.
Here are three things to know:
- Our spring football preview series continued with tight ends. Last year’s surprise is now a clear-cut starter, and there are a handful more surprises that could come in 2016.
- A New Orleans wide receiver hears from LSU everyday, but this recruiting battle could eventually pin two SEC West rivals against one another.
- Former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu opened up about his struggles in college, and also shed light on coach Les Miles and Tigers’ standout Leonard Fournette.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger wrote that LSU added two coaches to its support staff, including the son of a former coach.
- NOLA.com’s Katherine Terrell wrote that former LSU offensive tackle Vadal Alexander had this to say about potentially getting drafted by the New Orleans Saints.
The best stories around the SEC
- The potential No. 1 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft “gave thoughts” to leaving Ole Miss during his NCAA suspension.
- A former Alabama running back signed with this NFL team.
See the outside-the-box approach that former Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen used before the combine.