It’s nearly Game Day, Tigers fans! Just one more day before the Bayou Bengals welcome the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers to Tiger Stadium for its final non-conference conference contest.
Here are four things to know:
- Let’s begin today with an interesting off-field story. An LSU fan was denied service at a Florida restaurant after the walking into the restaurant wearing an LSU hat.
- Need something to start your weekend off right? Well, coach Les Miles has the perfect formula. Check out some of The Mad Hatter’s best quotes of Week 8.
- A former LSU offensive tackle wasn’t too pleased about appearing naked on television. He expressed his frustration about the incident on Thursday.
- Miles reached out to his friend, Sid Ortis, a young cancer patient and avid LSU fan from Alabama. Ortis is unfortunately under hospice care for bone cancer. Miles had a heartfelt conversation with Ortis when he called him in the hospital.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Marcus Rodrigue featured LSU kicker and former soccer player, Trent Domingue.
- Rodrigue also listed the times of note leading up to Saturday’s kickoff at Tiger Stadium.
- The Associated Press’ Brett Martel wrote about quarterback Brandon Harris and how he plans to answer his critics through the rest of the season.
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama coach Nick Saban praised Texas A&M’s environment at Kyle Field and suggested Alabama’s home-field advantage should resemble A&M’s atmosphere.
- Which SEC West team has been put on upset alert this weekend? A hint, it is one of the schools in Mississippi.
- Ole Miss defensive end Robert Nkemdiche has been cleared to play on Saturday against Texas A&M.