4 things every LSU fan needs to know today
Happy Sunday, LSU fans! The Tigers started slow but kept their undefeated record alive as they topped Western Kentucky, 48-20. Now, the waiting game begins.
LSU will have a bye next Saturday before it faces off against No. 8 Alabama on Nov. 7. To say that game will be hyped is an understatement. But before we get to that, let’s get you caught up on all of Saturday’s news.
Here are four things to know:
- Coach Les Miles was happy with his team’s effort Saturday, as the Tigers improved to 7-0. You can check out his comments and video of Miles’ post-game press conference HERE.
- As always, there was some Leonard Fournette news. The sophomore tailback matched a school record Saturday with his ninth-straight 100-yard rushing performance.
- LSU put on a dominating performance without one of its best defensive players. Defensive back Tre’Davious White did not play on Saturday while nursing a knee injury.
- The weather in Baton Rouge was horrible before Saturday’s game. It cleared up some during the game, but the scene around Tiger Stadium prior to kickoff was pretty crazy
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter took a look at LSU’s defensive effort against the Hilltoppers. The Tigers gave up season-highs in total yards and passing yards, but performed well in the fourth quarter.
- Geaux247’s Shea Dixon examined quarterback Brandon Harris’ performance on Saturday. Dixon states that Harris is hitting his stride at just the right time after throwing for 716 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions the past three weeks.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger and Marcus Rodrigue hit on a barrage of topics following Saturday’s win. The duo touched on White’s injury, tragedy at Oklahoma State and LSU’s special teams.
The best stories around the SEC
- Tennessee fan loses bet, wears Lane Kiffin shirt after Alabama win
- Bret Bielema: “Alex Collins pissed me off. He was late for breakfast this morning”
- Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen photobombs his star quarterback during ESPN interview
- A.J. McCarron trolls Tennessee on Twitter after Alabama win
- Peyton Manning overcome with sadness and dejection following Alabama sack