4 things every LSU fan needs to know today
It might be hard to focus on your work this week, Tigers fans. Everybody’s got Saturday circled on the calendar because LSU will play its biggest game of the season against Alabama this weekend.
Here are four things to know:
- Les Miles will coach with a heavy heart this weekend. His friend, teenage cancer patient Sid Ortis, lost his battle with bone cancer over the weekend. Miles had forged a special relationship with Ortis and even hosted him and his family at an LSU game this year.
- LSU remained ranked No. 4 in the latest Associated Press poll following the bye week. LSU’s ranking could alter drastically depending on the outcome of Saturday’s game.
- Speaking of LSU-Alabama, The Sporting News’ Bill Bender ranked the best remaining games of the college football season. Saturday’s showdown was not No. 1.
- Former LSU offensive tackle and Dallas Cowboys offensive guard, La’El Collins, bulldozed a couple of Seattle Seahawks defenders during a play this weekend.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Randy Rosetta discussed the top challengers to Leonard Fournette for the Heisman Trophy.
- Rosetta also wrote about former LSU linebacker Kwon Alexander, who had a big game for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers just two days after his brother was shot to death.
- Odell Beckham Jr. represented LSU well once again this weekend. NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter wrote about his three touchdown performance against the New Orleans Saints in a homecoming game.