The road to redemption continues for LSU. The Tigers are one day closer to a clash with Arkansas and a chance to bounce back after a tough loss to Alabama. Les Miles and Leonard Fournette both spoke to the media on Monday and had plenty to say.
Here are four things to know:
- Fournette’s game-worn jersey went for six figures upon closing Monday after it opened at $45,000 earlier in the day.
- Miles revealed that fullback JD Moore will miss the rest of the season. Moore re-injured his knee in the first half of last weekend’s loss to Alabama.
- Fournette did not overreact to his poor performance against the Crimson Tide. He said his goal was to keep his team together.
- LSU fell from the top spot in the Official SEC Country Power Poll.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Jerit Roser analyzed the effect the loss to Alabama had on LSU’s recruiting.
- Want to read everything Miles said on Monday? NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter has you covered.
The best stories around the SEC
- Surprise, surprise, the Crimson Tide are the favorite to win the SEC after taking down LSU.
- Fournette is no longer the Heisman Trophy favorite. Alabama running back Derrick Henry assumed the role as the player to beat.
- Florida’s athletic director had some kind words for coach Jim McElwain.
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel commented on the resignation of school president, Tim Wolfe.