Happy hump day, Tigers fans. One of the most tumultuous weeks in recent memory is halfway over as the Tigers prepare for Texas A&M this weekend.
Here are four things to know:
- Check out what the numbers say about Les Miles’ time at LSU. The numbers don’t lie and indicate that Miles would be tough to replace.
- LSU’s bowl projections continue to worsen. The Tigers are falling out of the New Year’s Six bowls following three straight losses.
- LSU was unranked in the latest edition of the College Football Playoff rankings.
- The nation’s top recruit may have withdrawn his commitment to LSU, but he said the coach was being treated wrongfully.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Marcus Rodrigue discussed Leonard Fournette in his notebook. Fournette was named a finalist for the Doak Walker Award.
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter wrote about Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops’ grave message to LSU regarding the Miles situation. Stoops told LSU fans to be careful what they wish for.
The best stories around the SEC
- Check out what the national media had to say about the newest batch of rankings. Alabama took a couple of shots from the media on Tuesday.
- Derrick Henry maintains his lead in the Heisman Trophy race, but the race is far from over.
- Could a two-loss SEC team still make the College Football Playoff? It’s possible.