4 things every LSU fan needs to know today
Just two days until Game Day, Tigers fans! Leonard Fournette has been the center of discussion in the college football world, and he dominated headlines again on Wednesday, garnering even more praise from an NFL draft analyst and a legendary SEC running back. Les Miles of course weighed in along the way.
Here’s what LSU fans need to know today.
- Miles discussed the speculation that his running back could sit out the 2016 season during Wednesday’s press conference. Miles said he wants to keep Fournette fresh and have him at his best for every game this season, adding that he wants Fournette to enjoy his time in college.
- UGA icon Herschel Walker said Fournette is better than he was in college. Yes, Herschel Walker actually said that. He also gave Fournette some advice about handling his transition to the NFL.
- LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette was not pleased with an article written by Pro Football Talk that suggested Fournette would be better off sitting out the 2016 season than playing for LSU. Plenty of other pundits chimed in on the Fournette debate.
- ESPN analyst Todd McShay said Fournette has the opportunity to be one of the greatest running backs taken in the NFL Draft on The Paul Finebaum Show.
Best LSU news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Ron Higgins listed his three questions for LSU’s contest against Eastern Michigan.
- Gannett’s Glenn Guilbeau reported that Fournette is looking into an insurance policy to mitigate the risk of injury.
- NOLA.com’s Jerit Roser provided an injury update on defensive end Tashawn Bower, safety Jalen Mills and tight end Dillon Gordon.
Best stories around the SEC
- Alabama coach Nick Saban said he is confident in Jacob Coker as his starting quarterback for Saturday’s game against Georgia.
- A young Arkansas fan was a bit disappointed after Arkansas lost to Texas A&M last weekend.
- There will be a major showdown between two stars in the Florida-Ole Miss game on Saturday.