Hope the holidays treated everyone well. Of course, it’s back to business for LSU as the Tigers are now just one day away from the Texas Bowl. There was plenty of news building up to bowl week about the program, including a ridiculous catch by an LSU alum.
Here are four things to know today:
- A group of LSU players received their draft grades from the NFL College Advisory Committee, but none of them will decide whether to go pro until after the bowl game.
- Check out this amazing catch Jarvis Landry made on Sunday. Let’s just say he channelled his inner Odell Beckham Jr., with this grab.
- The Tigers locked up another wide receiver for the Class of 2016, which means Les Miles could have an incredibly talented group of wideouts joining the program next season.
- Need a good laugh to start the week? Leonard Fournette dancing at a rodeo may do the trick.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger chronicled the news about LSU in his notebook.
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter spent the day with the Tigers, who visited a children’s hospital in Houston on Sunday.
The best stories around the SEC
- A Florida tailback will be suspended for the team’s bowl game following a marijuana citation.
- Former South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier has an offer on the table to become an athletic ambassador for the university.
- Former Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning said he will “probably” sue the publication that reported he had obtained human growth hormone in 2011.