4 things every LSU fan needs to know today
It was a busy Tuesday for the Tigers. LSU might actually host what’s technically a road game this weekend because of historic flooding in South Carolina. Leonard Fournette spoke to the media for the first time in a couple of weeks and had plenty to say about the Heisman Trophy and LSU’s 4-0 start.
Here’s what every LSU fan needs to know today:
- LSU’s bowl projections were quite widespread this week. Some analysts projected the Tigers as participants in the College Football Playoff, while one pundit had LSU playing in a familiar bowl game.
- ESPN writer Ivan Maisel wrote a complimentary piece about Fournette and compared him to some of the greatest athletes in sports. What do Fournette and LeBron James have in common?
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said he knows how good Fournette is, but urged people to hold off on the Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson comparisons.
- Fournette said he isn’t focused on breaking LSU’s single-game rushing record or winning the Heisman. He said all he cares about is winning ball games.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger reported the only alternative site for Saturday’s game – which is supposed to be at South Carolina – would be Tiger Stadium. The announcement on site location for the game should be made on Wednesday.
- Gannett’s Glenn Guilbeau wrote about the one person who actually stopped Fournette. It was his own teammate.
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter evaluated defensive end Sione Teuhema’s strong game against Eastern Michigan last weekend. Teuhema recorded seven tackles in his first start of the season.
Best stories around the SEC
- Who is the favorite to take home the SEC Offensive Player of the Year Award? Check out our award tracker heading into Week 6.
- The SEC Defensive Player of the Year race is extremely tight. Who has the edge? Our tracker broke down each candidate.
- Tennessee’s wide receiver coach addressed the rumors about head coach Butch Jones punching players.