Happy Friday, LSU fans.
The spring game is still a few weeks away, but we have plenty of news about the Tigers to keep you busy in the meantime. Check out the latest on LSU’s recruiting efforts, how things are going for the Tigers in spring practices and more.
Here are four things to know:
- Four-star wide receiver D.J. Matthews has committed to Florida State, but according to his Twitter account, the Tigers might still be on his radar.
- LSU is making progress with a number of other key recruits, including four-star quarterback prospect Keytaon Thompson, who is currently committed to Mississippi State. Thompson said he remains in contact with Les Miles and Cam Cameron and that LSU is still actively recruiting him.
- LSU signee Jakori Savage took a matter-of-fact approach to his decision to sign with LSU.
- These five Tigers are taking advantage of opportunities and standing out this spring.
Other LSU news from around the Internet:
- Texas A&M is hosting the Tigers’ baseball team for a three-game series, and the Aggies took the opener on Thursday.
The best stories around the SEC:
- There have been many thrilling Sweet 16 games featuring SEC teams, and SEC Country highlights the top 10.
- Remarkably few head coaches leave the SEC West for greener pastures, despite the level of competition in the conference and the division.
- What was Jim Harbaugh doing at a satellite recruiting camp hosted by a Georgia high school coach? The coach who invited Harbaugh explains.