4 things every LSU fan needs to know today
Just a typical Wednesday for LSU, right? Saturday’sgame against South Carolina was moved from Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, S.C. to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La., in light of heavy flooding in the Palmetto State. The Tigers will essentially play a home game, but it will be treated like a road game.
Here’s what every LSU fan needs to know today:
- South Carolina’s situation isn’t far off from what LSU, Les Miles and Leonard Fournette dealt with when Hurricane Katrina struck Louisiana in 2005. Miles said he will try to make South Carolina feel at home in Death Valley on Saturday.
- Speaking of feeling at home; the LSU marching band will play South Carolina’s fight song and alma mater during the pregame performance on Saturday.
- Want a ticket for the game on Saturday? LSU and South Carolina officials released information and protocol for Saturday’s impromptu game at Tiger Stadium. Check out all the details.
- Las Vegas was affected by the change in venue, too. The Tigers became an even bigger favorite after the location of the game was changed.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger reported that LSU will wear its purple jerseys in an SEC game for the first time since 1994.
- NOLA.com’s Jerit Roser wrote about Miles’ plea to Tigers fans to drop their Saturday plans to come support his team.
- The Advocate’s Marcus Rodrigue recounted all of Miles’ comments from Wednesday. It started with the SEC teleconference and ended on his weekly radio show.
The best stories around the SEC
- Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp is still frustrated with his struggling defense.
- Ole Miss might be without four starters along the offensive line.
- Believe it or not, Nick Saban said he didn’t have much luck with the ladies in high school.