Hope you’re enjoying a victory Sunday, Tigers fans! Although the path to Saturday had its twists and turns, it ended in a LSU 45-24 victory over South Carolina to remain undefeated heading into a colossal battle with Florida. Here are four things every LSU fan needs to know after Saturday’s win:
- Coach Les Miles said he is happy to be 5-0, but he did have a problem with one facet of LSU’s play on Saturday: special teams. The Tigers will need their weakest link to improve after another rough week.
- A running back not named Leonard Fournette ran for the most yards on Saturday. It was freshman halfback Derrius Grice.
- Fournette is planning on auctioning off his jersey worn during Saturday’s game to benefit the relief efforts in South Carolina. It was a true sign of character from the tailback.
- Fournette and UGA tailback Nick Chubb may be competing for a slew of awards, but Fournette expressed his sorrow for Chubb after the running back suffered a gruesome injury on Saturday against Tennessee.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Scott Rabalais opined that Fournette’s jersey gesture is a sign of his greatness off the field.
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter wrote about LSU’s balanced offensive attack that didn’t solely rely on Fournette for a change.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger said LSU showed amazing Southern hospitality to the displaced South Carolina Gamecocks until the actual game began.
Best stories around the SEC
- A South Carolina player had some candid remarks about choosing to be a Gamecock after his team lost to LSU on Saturday.
- Tennessee knocked off Georgia yesterday, but it wasn’t all pretty. Check out this dirty move by a Tennessee player.
- A Florida defensive back quickly moved onto next week’s opponent, LSU. He wasn’t afraid to dish out some early trash talk.