LSU tailback Leonard Fournette was the focus of the news once again Tuesday. Fournette continued to pull ahead in the Heisman Trophy race, went inside ESPN’s Sport Science lab and even appeared on a magazine cover. There were also LSU bowl projections to ponder.
Here are four things to know today:
- Let’s start with the bowl projections. LSU was projected by one analyst to earn a spot in the College Football Playoff. One analyst didn’t have the Tigers in a New Year’s Six bowl game altogether.
- Fournette will grace the cover of the latest Sports Illustrated magazine. The tailback is featured in the magazine, and tells his story about surviving Hurricane Katrina and becoming one of the most talked-about stories of this season.
- ESPN’s Sport Science tried to explain how good Fournette has been utilizing math and science as examples. Get your physics books and calculators out for this study of Fournette.
- Florida defensive tackle Jon Bullard praised Fournette and said he was the best back in the SEC. Bullard still believes the Gators can stop Fournette, however.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- USA Today’s Glenn Guilbeau wrote Fournette doesn’t just dodge tacklers, he dodged NCAA’s regulations when it comes to auctioning off his game-worn jersey from last weekend.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger answered questions about Jalen Mills and much more in his latest LSU mailbag.
- Dellenger also provided an injury update on LSU fullback JD Moore. It looks like the Tigers could be without their starting fullback for a few weeks.
Best stories around the SEC
- Mississippi State’s defensive coordinator Manny Diaz faces a familiar foe this weekend.
- A couple of injured Arkansas Razorbacks are starting to make their way back onto the field.
- A hilarious spoof video depicts a children’s toy that gives them the experience of going against Alabama’s defense.
— Ross Dellenger (@DellengerAdv) October 14, 2015