Have a great Tuesday, Tigers fans. Coach Les Miles spoke to the media on Monday and had plenty to talk about. Miles discussed last week’s thrilling win over Florida and turned the page to this week’s game against a talented Western Kentucky squad.
Here are four things to know:
- Miles said tight end Dillon Gordon would likely miss the rest of the season after aggravating an Achilles tendon injury Saturday night. Gordon had missed LSU’s last three games while recovering from the original injury he suffered in September against Auburn.
- Could Miles be on a big screen near you? He recommended himself for a starring role in a Tom Cruise movie. The Mad Hatter wants to be the villain, too.
- It wasn’t all fun and games for LSU, however. Miles submitted a couple of plays he deemed as late hits to the SEC offices for review.
- Guess what? Leonard Fournette was still the heavy favorite to win the Heisman Trophy in Bovada’s latest odds. Shocking, I know.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger examined how the Tigers will cope without its starting tight end.
- USA Today’s Nicole Auerbach wrote that LSU’s offense is more than just Fournette. Quarterback Brandon Harris can contribute as well.
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter wrote about LSU defensive end Lewis Neal, who was awarded SEC Defensive Player of the Week honors.