5 things every LSU fan needs to know today
Who said the bye week doesn’t provide any news?
There was plenty LSU news on what turned out to be a busy Tuesday. Tailback Leonard Fournette was the center of attention, but there was also a tremendous off-field story that occurred last weekend.
Here are five things to know:
- Quarterback Brandon Harris and wideout Malachi Dupre make a good tandem on the field. Check out what the duo did to help a stranded mother and her son last weekend.
- Fournette will grace the cover of the next ESPN The Magazine. It will be the second time Fournette has appeared on a major magazine cover this season. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated earlier in the month.
- Fournette posted a season-low 150 yards last weekend against Western Kentucky. But, find out why even Fournette’s worst game of the season was historically impressive.
- The Tigers will try to get Fournette’s lead blocker, fullback JD Moore, fully healthy for next weekend’s showdown against Alabama. Coach Les Miles said Moore has progressed well.
- LSU has garnered some respect from a couple of college football pundits. The latest bowl projections have a variety of possibilities for the Tigers.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- Trying to go to Tuscaloosa, Ala., for the LSU-Alabama game next week? The Advocate reported that you may have to pay a pretty penny for tickets.
- Gannett’s Glenn Guilbeau discussed the ramifications behind next weekend’s battle between the Tigers and Crimson Tide.
The best stories around the SEC
- Former Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett was released by the Houston Texans after missing his team’s flight to Miami last weekend.
- Alabama, not LSU, received the best odds among SEC teams to win the national title.
- Kentucky’s offensive coordinator admitted he would have done things differently during Saturday’s loss to Mississippi State.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen will no longer answer questions about players’ injuries, so he says.