5 things every LSU fan needs to know today
That was a pretty busy Monday, wasn’t it? Les Miles is still LSU’s coach despite rumors that he could have been fired on Monday. That doesn’t mean he is in the clear, however. The situation will certainly sort itself out over the next week or so.
Here are five things to know:
- It was business as usual for The Mad Hatter on Monday as he addressed his job security with the media. Miles said he hasn’t thought about anything else besides preparing for Texas A&M.
- A report suggests that Miles has not even met with LSU officials to discuss his status with the program.
- Here’s what some players, alumni and national media had to say about the situation. Many players backed Miles, while plenty of pundits debated whether firing Miles would be the correct decision.
- LSU will reunite with former defensive coordinator John Chavis on Saturday when the Aggies visit Death Valley. A Tigers defensive lineman wasn’t happy with how Chavis left the program last year.
- More LSU coaching news: Defensive line coach Ed Orgeron said he would be very interested in taking the Syracuse head coaching vacancy.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger took a deeper look into LSU’s loss to Ole Miss in his film room session.
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter chronicled offensive guard Will Clapp’s improbable touchdown last weekend.
- NOLA.com columnists opined that Miles and LSU should part ways.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU lost a prized recruit in light of the Miles situation.
- Check out how many SEC players could get drafted in our mock draft.
- Gary Pinkel showed appreciation for the kind pregame gesture last weekend and discussed his life after coaching.
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott wrote a letter to Bulldogs fans before his final home game.