Happy Thursday, LSU fans.
LSU is gearing up for a high-octane recruiting weekend in Baton Rouge, La., with double-digit prospects expected to be on hand with National Signing Day approaching rapidly.
Here are five things to know:
- LSU running back Leonard Fournette is considered the Heisman Trophy favorite for 2016. Odds currently peg the Tigers’ standout at 2:1 odds, ahead of the likes of Deshaun Watson and Christian McCafferty.
- Former Tulane quarterback Tanner Lee is reportedly set to visit LSU this weekend. Lee, who started nine games for the Green Wave in 2015, was granted his release from the university last week. He will not be eligible to play in 2016.
- Elite national and local talent headline LSU’s visitor list for the weekend of Jan. 15. Top uncommitted prospects such as Willie Allen and Kristian Fulton will be on hand, as well as nine current LSU commits.
- In the first edition of the LSU recruiting mailbag, there were questions about LSU’s current and prospective commits. Among the prospects mentioned were four-star cornerback Kristian Fulton and four-star offensive lineman Willie Allen.
- Five-star LSU target Rashard Lawrence announced his decision date and his two finalists. The Neville High School (Monroe, La.) defensive tackle will choose between LSU and Ohio State on Jan. 22.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter wrote that the four LSU recruits enrolled early and are eligible for spring practices. Michael Divinity, Devin White, Stephen Sullivan and Saivion Smith are all on LSU’s campus, and Dee Anderson is attempting to enroll early, too.
- ESPN.com’s David Ching and Jesse Temple wrote that communication and football smarts make LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda special. Former Wisconsin players pinpoint Aranda’s intelligence and ability to communicate complex ideas as what separates Aranda from other coaches.