6 things every LSU fan needs to know today
Happy hump day, Tigers fans! I’m sure many of you would like to fast forward to Saturday, but unfortunately that technology does not exist. The good news is there will be plenty of LSU news to keep you busy throughout the day.
Here are six things to know:
- LSU released a hype video that chronicled some of the greatest moments in the LSU-Alabama rivalry. Watch at your own risk, it’s only Wednesday. Nobody needs to get sent home from work for getting too hyped up in the office. But if you need to get psyched for Saturday, this video will do the trick.
- Speaking of getting excited for Saturday’s game, check out The Advocate’s 10 reasons why LSU fans hate Alabama. This ranges from Nick Saban to the man who killed the trees at Auburn in 2010. There were plenty of reasons to dig up your ‘Bama hatred.
- If the season ended today, the Tigers would play Ohio State in the College Football Playoff Semifinal. LSU was ranked No. 2 in the first edition of the CFP rankings.
- LSU’s bowl projections weren’t nearly as favorable. Only two of the eight experts gathered put the Tigers in a Playoff Semifinal.
- Leonard Fournette’s Heisman Trophy odds took a slight hit over the bye week, but don’t worry. Fournette was still listed as a heavy favorite to win the award.
- Finally, Fournette, coach Les Miles and South Carolina’s former coach Steve Spurrier will all collaborate on a special auction to help the flood victims in South Carolina. Check out this amazing package and maybe even place a bid!
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- Gannett’s Glenn Guilbeau featured LSU offensive tackle Vadal Alexander and defensive back Jalen Mills. Both players will look for redemption against the Crimson Tide.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger gave his take on LSU’s No. 2 spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff rankings.
The best stories around the SEC
- Check out what the national media had to say about the CFP rankings. There may even be some more Alabama hatred ammunition within these opinions.
- Former Tennessee defensive back Eric Berry will be honored by the university this weekend.
- Kentucky received good news about running back Boom Williams’ health.