LSU’s once-promising season appears to be spiraling out of control. The Tigers dropped their third consecutive contest, a 38-17 loss to Ole Miss, and seem to be coming apart at the seams. Coach Les Miles had plenty of questions to answer regarding Saturday’s defeat, some of which regarded his job security.
Here are six things to know:
- Miles said his team was going back to the drawing board after another disappointing loss.
- The Mad Hatter may be on the hot seat, but Miles’ players still supported him following Saturday night’s loss.
- One of LSU’s worst plays of the night came on a fourth-and-goal late in the game. There was a miscommunication between quarterback Brandon Harris and tailback Leonard Fournette that resulted in a broken play and a costly turnover. Miles said his players were distracted.
- Things got a bit scrappy Saturday night and an Ole Miss player was ejected from the game.
- Even more bad news: Wide receiver Travin Dural left Saturday’s game with a right hamstring injury.
- Miles took hits on and off the field. He was taken out by one of his own players along the sideline.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger recapped another lousy LSU outing.
- Gannett’s Glenn Guilbeau wrote that Miles is losing his grip on his job following a poor loss to the Rebels.
- ESPN’s David Ching wrote about Miles’ waning job security after his team’s third consecutive loss.
The best stories around the SEC
- South Carolina’s interim coach addressed rumors he was leaving after a 23-22 loss to The Citadel on Saturday.
- An Alabama linebacker expressed his disappointment in Ohio State’s loss to Michigan State. He wanted to get revenge against the Buckeyes in the College Football Playoff.
- Check out this insane catch by a Mississippi State wideout.
- Missouri thanked coach Gary Pinkel with an emotional tribute video before Saturday’s game.