Happy Thursday, LSU fans.
A day away from spring practice allowed us to provide some analysis in terms of the Tigers’ depth chart and an overall update on the recruiting front.
Here are seven things to know:
- Here’s a list of six prospects that LSU can’t let leave The Boot. It includes six major SEC targets, including one that has yet to receive an offer from the in-state Tigers.
- Here’s a list of five players that need to impress new LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda this spring. It’s a unique mix of incoming freshmen as well as some potential veteran starters.
- This New Orleans defensive tackle is confident in his chances of landing an LSU offer. After all, the coaches want to see him this spring and he has held a relationship with Jabbar Juluke for some time now.
- LSU is one of four SEC schools chasing Miami for four-star linebacker De’Andre Wilder, who had this to say about the Tigers’ progress in his recruitment.
- LSU running back Leonard Fournette is one of three SEC stars listed among the early 2016 Heisman Trophy favorites. See who else made the cut.
- LSU cornerback target Tre Swilling made a creative pitch to assemble an All-Star cast of recruits. It may be a bit overzealous, but could be very intriguing, particularly for Tigers fans.
- See where former LSU greats Chad Lavalais and Ben Wilkerson ranked among Nick Saban’s best 50 players.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Jerit Roser wrote that Aranda’s new defense has drawn rave reviews from some of the Tigers players.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger wrote that Maea Teuhema is now the centerpiece of LSU’s new-look offensive line.