Happy Tuesday, LSU fans.
Spring football practice finally got underway, which means the 2016 season is unofficially here.
Here are eight things to know:
- A first look at the LSU depth chart as the Tigers kick off spring practices. Offensive line, linebacker and safety are sure to warrant speculation.
- Press rewind on all the LSU recruiting action from this past weekend, which includes the Tigers talking to a four-star Florida State commit and a potential late addition in the 2016 class.
- LSU quarterback signee Lindsey Scott Jr. went in-depth on his recruiting process, including a conversation with coach Les Miles and his feelings toward Alabama.
- See where former LSU greats Domanick Davis and Skylar Green ranked among Nick Saban’s top 50 players.
- Here were the major takeaways from LSU’s first spring practice, including some new offensive tackles and some experimentation in the linebacking corps.
- Read up on all of the updates from the Tigers’ return to the football field here, including position changes and coaching debuts.
- One big change during LSU’s spring practice: more emphasis on the passing game. Miles went in-depth on his offseason studies and how quarterback Brandon Harris is adapting to the change.
- Another spring practice change: four-star athlete Devin White is playing linebacker. Here’s why Miles and the Tigers coaches moved White from running back to linebacker.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s James Smith reported that LSU cornerback Kevin Toliver II will remain limited this spring as he recovers from successful shoulder surgery.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger wrote about where the LSU football team will see the most dramatic changes in spring practices.