It was a busy day in Baton Rouge, La. The Tigers took the practice field and were involved in plenty of recruiting headlines.
Here are eight things to know:
- Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Chidi Okede is acclimating himself to football while assimilating with LSU.
- Coach Les Miles is confident after just six spring practices that LSU will be better than a season ago.
- Here’s a report on Leonard Fournette’s return to practice and plenty of other observations from spring practice.
- An elite offensive lineman recruit was in town for LSU’s practice on Thursday.
- LSU is going to have a couple of headliners as its guest speakers during its coaching clinic: Legendary quarterback Brett Favre and All-American defensive end Marcus Spears.
- LSU’s absence from March Madness bucks a historical trend. And it has to do with Ben Simmons.
- LSU is in the mix for some elite in-state prospects. Read about that and more in a recruiting roundup.
- The nation’s No. 7 outside linebacker says LSU will definitely be in his top three.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- Fournette returned to practice with a bang and housed a 50-yard touchdown run during a team scrimmage. Read NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter’s account of Fournette’s day.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger wrote about sophomore David Ducre, who is impressing at fullback and tailback during spring ball.