While the focus remains on finishing LSU’s 2018 recruiting class, the coaching staff is bracing for a big unofficial visitor weekend for later this spring with a ton of West Coast flavor.
After competing in the annual SPE Camp on Feb. 3, a large group of California-area prospects will make an unofficial visit to Baton Rouge. Among the notable recruits are a pair of 2020 quarterbacks and several notable skill players.
The recruits in that faction include:
- DJ Uiagalelei, 2020 4-star QB (Bellflower, Calif.)
- Elias Ricks, 2020 4-star S (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- Darion Green-Warren, 2020 CB (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- Bryce Young, 2020 4-star QB (Los Angeles)
- Gary Bryant, 2020 ATH (Corona, Calif.)
- Ronald Gillian, 2020 WR (Corona, Calif.)
- Suaava Poti, 2019 4-star DT (Bellflower, Calif.)*
- George Holani, 2019 3-star RB (Bellflower, Calif.)
- Na’im Rodman, 2019 3-star DT (Bellflower, Calif.)
- Kris Hutson, 2020 CB (Bellflower, Calif.)
- Jonathan Vaughns, 2020 WR (Bellflower, Calif.)
- Melquan Stovall, 2019 3-star WR (Lancaster, Calif.)
*Holds an offer from LSU
Most of this group hails from two California-area high school powerhouses: St. John Bosco and Mater Dei.
Only Poti holds an offer from the Tigers, but that could change after the unofficial visit.