The college football season is seven months away, but arguably the most important weekend for LSU football may be this one coming up.
This weekend, LSU is set to host a wealth of both nationally renowned prospects as well as some of the premier local talent from across the state.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the top local and national uncommitted talent, and some of the current LSU commits set to visit Baton Rouge, La. for the weekend of Jan. 15:
- Kristian Fulton, four-star CB, 6-foot, 177 pounds (Metairie, La.)
- Willie Allen, four-star OT, 6-foot-7, 300 pounds (New Orleans)
- Rashard Lawrence, five-star DT, 6-foot-3, 305 pounds (Monroe, La.)
- Nigel Warrior, four-star S, 6-foot, 186 pounds (Suwanee, Ga.)
Analysis: Not only are these some of the top national prospects that are uncommitted, but three-quarters of them hail from Louisiana. Fulton chose to officially visit LSU over Miami, and this will be the last official visit for both Allen and Lawrence. That’s encouraging news for LSU in regards to all three of those prospects, which the Tigers are seemingly finalists for. As far as Warrior goes, he told SEC Country that his visit to LSU will go a long way in making his decision. Warrior is set to visit Alabama and Tennessee over the final two weekends before National Signing Day.
Uncommitted local prospects
- D’Andre Christmas-Giles, three-star DT, 6-foot-3, 290 pounds (New Orleans)
Analysis: Christmas-Giles joins a host of New Orleans area prospects, as well as St. Augustine High School (New Orleans) teammate Jamal Pettigrew on this trip. The defensive tackle picked up his offer from LSU just about a month ago as his recruitment began to pick up at a rapid pace. Christmas-Giles told SEC Country that the LSU offer meant a lot. It would not be surprising to see him with an LSU hat in front of him coming Signing Day.
Current LSU commits
- Andre Anthony, three-star DE, 6-foot-3, 214 pounds (New Orleans)
- Donavaughn Campbell, four-star OT, 6-foot-4, 347 pounds (Ponchatoula, La.)
- Jamal Pettigrew, four-star TE, 6-foot-6, 229 pounds (New Orleans)
- Edwin Alexander, four-star DT, 6-foot-2, 310 pounds (Hammond, La.)
- Da’Monte Coxie, three-star WR, 6-foot-3, 175 pounds (Reserve, La.)
- Rahssan Thornton, four-star DE, 6-foot-3, 225 pounds (Killeen, Texas)
- Glen Logan, four-star DT, 6-foot-4, 290 pounds (Destrehan, La.)
- Andraez Williams, four-star CB, 6-foot-2, 166 pounds (Shreveport, La.)
- Cameron Lewis, four-star S, 6-foot-1, 192 pounds (Monroe, La.)
Analysis: Many of these prospects have been longtime LSU commits and should bolster the Tigers’ chances with some of the uncommitted players tagging along for the visit. Prospects such as Pettigrew, Coxie and Logan, among others, have received plenty of interest from other schools since committing to LSU, but have remained solid throughout the process. These official visits should cement those commitments as Signing Day nears.
All player ranking and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.