With each big win, LSU interim coach Ed Orgeron’s stock is rising.
That’s according to bookmaker.eu, which now tabs Orgeron as even money (+100) to become LSU’s permanent head coach.
However, Orgeron is not the favorite, as Houston coach Tom Herman is still the shortest bet at -140.
That means you would have to bet $140 with the site to win $100 if Herman is selected, and $100 to win $100 for Orgeron.
This is an upgrade for Orgeron’s chances, as he was slated as +200 last week, meaning a $100 bet on him getting the job at that time would net $200.
Third on the list is Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher (+400), followed by the field.
The full list is as follows:
- Tom Herman, Houston -140
- Ed Orgeron, LSU interim coach +100
- Jimbo Fisher, Florida State +400
- Field (any other coach not listed) +600
- Lane Kiffin, Alabama OC +2000
- Larry Fedora, North Carolina +2500
- Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State +3500
- Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech +3500
- Gary Patterson, TCU +3500
- Bobby Petrino, Louisville +4000
- Bryan Harsin, Boise State +5000
- Art Briles, former Baylor coach +5400
- Todd Graham Arizona State +6000
- Sonny Dykes California +6000
- Chris Klieman North Dakota State +6000
- Kyle Whittingham, Utah +6500