BATON ROUGE, La. — With two days until his team’s tilt against Arkansas, Ed Orgeron is set to take the podium.
It’s been a slow news week in Baton Rouge, with no major injuries or suspensions to speak of and no major goals to be achieved. Other than, you know, winning.
Orgeron is scheduled to address the media shortly. Stay tuned to and refresh this page for updates and quotes from Orgeron as they come.
- We just ended no-repeat Thursday. I thought our guys were very focused. Competition Tuesday we had a lot of energy. We put in some new plays that were beneficial for us. Wednesday was outstanding. I thought the offense had an outstanding practice. Danny looked sharp, the receivers looked good. We had good meetings. We talked about traveling and it being a business trip. We have a lot to play for. We’ll be ready to go.
- You can talk about [losing streaks], but when it comes to game time it doesn’t matter what happened last year. Is it extra motivation? Yes. But it comes down to fundamentals. We have to make some plays.
- I think [K.J. Malone] will be ready to play.
- I thought it was one of our best weeks of practice.
- We spent 10 minutes today. Whether it be a wristband call that we didn’t understand, whether it be not getting the play in on time, whether it be changing the play at the line of scrimmage, all of it we spent a lot of time on this week.
- Kevin Tolliver is questionable.
- [Arkansas] moved some guys around up front. I heard that they wanted to get bigger. I know they worked very hard.
- Donavaughn Campbell we let back on the team. He’s back. And Jazz Ferguson is still suspended from the indefinitely.
- Third down becomes huge. Third down on defense we have to be able to get off the field. Third-and-1 and third-and-2 becomes crucial. And on offense, we have to convert. You look at third down, it comes down to first down.
- I’m excited. I’m excited to get on the plane with this team. I’m excited to go to a place where I was a graduate assistant and made $25 every two weeks. I get excited when I go into someone else’s stadium. The competitor in me comes out.
- We did the same thing this week that we were supposed to do. We make sure as a coaching staff that we look for signs. But we didn’t see that at all.
- [Kristian Fulton] cracked a bone in his finger. I think he’s [out for the season]. We haven’t discussed it.
- I’m not going to be thinking about what degrees it is. I’m going to be worried about doing the best job for the LSU Tigers.
- We’re going to stay with them and have confidence that we’re going to play good football.
Alright guys. Have a good day.