BATON ROUGE, La. — In two days, LSU will host the weekend’s main event, an SEC West tilt versus No. 1 Alabama. But in the meantime, LSU football coach Ed Orgeron has one more press conference.
Orgeron is expected to address the media around 6 o’clock CT. SEC Country is on the scene and will update this article with quotes as Orgeron says them. Make sure to stay online and refresh the page for up-to-the-minute updates on the latest from Orgeron.
- Today was no-repeat Thursday. I felt that Tuesday we went out and were a little rusty in practice. We identified things that we wanted to get better at. We went out Wednesday and had one of our best practices.
- The players chose to have a players only meeting. It was fantastic. You could see guys like Leonard Fournette, Jamal Adams and Ethan Pocic standing up. Among others.
- Tommy Casssanova, the original DBU. He came and talked to our team. That was great. We had about 20-25 great Tigers speak to our football team. It was just awesome.
- We understand the tradition here. Guys are coming back and they feel welcome.
- [Friday] is the start of a great weekend. During the day coaches may see their wives, do some things that we don’t normally get to do during the week. I’m sure people have distractions. Maybe they go wash their clothes. When they come here, I want them to focus. So the drum is our heartbeat. We just take a little time and forget about everything and start a great weekend for the LSU Tigers.
- I like it. I’m for it. I want to be in here and I’m a coach in here, but they took the last 15 minutes and I came back and you could hear a pin drop. But I like [players only meetings]. It’s great for team-building.
- [Toby Weathersby] looks good but it’s going to be a game-time decision. We’ll see before the game if he’s going to start for us.
- It may be a winning field goal, it might be a blocked field goal. You recover an onside kick. These games normally come down to one or two plays, and they can be on special teams. We’ve worked hard over the last two weeks and I think we got better.
- It speaks a lot about the tradition of both schools [that these teams are 1/2 in NFL players]. It speaks a lot to the job Frank Wilson did. It talks about the development that these teams do. It’s a great tradition.
- We have not treated this opponent any different during the week and in our preparation. This is game four of our new season. Outside and internally everybody’s got games that matter more to them. But for me, this is Game 4.
- Jazz Ferguson is not going to play this week. He’s been suspended from the team indefinitely. Violation of team rules.
- The game is changing. It’s basketball on grass. But Alabama still runs between the tackles. They still are going to run between the tackles.
That’s all folks. Thanks for following along.