Baton Rouge, La. — Les Miles will address the media shortly for the first time since LSU’s rash of preseason camp injuries on the defensive side of the ball.
- On bringing back Travonte Valentine: “A very quality defensive player who gives us reason to trust him.”
- He was in good shape when he showed up. Last time he was here we was just under 400 pounds. He’s in really good shape. We’re a couple weeks away, and shape is something we can get him in. Sometimes big men kind of defy – I think his body density is one that allows him to play a little heavier.
- On Fournette slap-boxing video that hit TMZ: “Back when I was a kid we thought it was really cool to do slap boxing until the first time somebody got hit in the nose. They were engaged in a game called tap-out. It was certainly entertaining for the guys who took the video, but the message to the team is let’s not get involved in a highly active off-the-field game.”
- We don’t really know exactly how TMZ got the video. I think Snapchat, you think it’s nothing, but then it’s captured and apparently it’s everywhere.
- No, Les Miles does not have Snapchat.
- On Christian LaCouture’s season-ending injury: “That’s the tragedy of the game. You bust your tail, do everything well and an injury can occur. It can happen in the most mundane circumstances.”
- Noting that LSU’s rash of injuries have taken place with minimal contact: “We haven’t had a tackle scrimmage yet. Those things happen. They’re truly the difficulty of a wonderful sport.”
- On his current five o’clock shadow, which will be shaved by Sunday’s media day: “Fan day and media day might be a day I expose the undersign.”