LSU has garnered more respect from a couple college football pundits after the Tigers defeated Western Kentucky to remain undefeated last week. Two prognosticators projected LSU to play in the College Football Playoff. The majority of experts kept LSU close to home and there was one projection that may surprise you.
Of course, these projections could drastically change in two weeks depending on the outcome of LSU-Alabama on Nov. 7. The winner of that game would control their destiny for the SEC Championship Game and perhaps a spot in the College Football Playoff.
Here are LSU’s bowl projections following Week 8:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) – Allstate Sugar Bowl (New Orleans, La.) vs. Baylor
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk) – Allstate Sugar Bowl vs. Baylor
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) – Allstate Sugar Bowl vs. TCU
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) – Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (Atlanta, Ga.) vs. Memphis
- College Football News (Pete Fiutak) – Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) vs. Iowa
- Saturday Down South (Brad Crawford) – Goodyear Cotton Bowl (College Football Playoff Semifinal, Arlington, Texas) vs. Baylor.
- Sporting News (Bill Bender) – Capital One Orange Bowl (College Football Playoff Semifinal, Miami, Fla.) vs. Baylor