Coach Les Miles had a bone to pick with the officiating after Saturday’s 35-28 win over the Florida Gators. Miles took exception to some late hits on tailback Leonard Fournette during the game and has sent those plays to the SEC offices for review.
Miles thought the hits Fournette took after the whistle merited a personal foul flag, but none of them were called. Miles said he always wants to keep his players safe.
Fournette has received plenty of attention from opposing defenses and that has translated into some shots after the play has ended. Many of the defenders probably grew tired of Fournette dishing out punishing hits of his own. Regardless, Miles doesn’t want his Heisman Trophy candidate getting hurt.
“I’m concerned for his well-being to a point, but it is football,” Miles said according to Higgins.
- SEC Film Room: LSU offense challenged Gators defense at strength and won
- LSU tight end Dillon Gordon likely out for season with Achilles injury
- Les Miles pitches himself as villain in the next “Jack Reacher” film
- Leonard Fournette remains heavy favorite to win Heisman Trophy
- LSU passed the Florida test, but more are on the way