LSU bowl projections after week 9
The LSU Tigers are undefeated and ranked No. 4 in the latest Associated Press poll, but not many bowl prognosticators have given LSU a ton of respect. Many bowl projections have the Tigers on the outside looking in regarding this year’s College Football Playoff.
Of course, everything could drastically change if the Tigers can knock of No. 7 Alabama on the road this Saturday. A win against the Crimson Tide could give LSU a big boost in respectability from the bowl experts.
For now, only two of the eight bowl experts gathered put the Tigers in the College Football Playoff.
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) – Allstate Sugar Bowl (New Orleans, La.): LSU vs. Baylor
- CollegeSportsMadness.com – Allstate Sugar Bowl vs. Baylor
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) – Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.): LSU vs. Wisconsin
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) – Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl (Atlanta, GA): LSU vs. Iowa
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) – Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl: LSU vs. Memphis
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) – Allstate Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Baylor
- SaturdayDownSouth.com (Brad Crawford) – Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic (College Football Playoff Semifinal, Arlington, Texas): LSU vs. Baylor
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) – Capital One Orange Bowl (College Football Playoff Semifinal, Miami, Fla.): LSU vs. Baylor