LSU’s commitments took the field this weekend as Friday nights under the lights continued.
The Tigers hold 19 commitments in their 2018 recruiting class and seven in their 2019 group. Members of both classes enjoyed memorable performances.
SEC Country will provide weekly updates on each LSU commitment, including statistics and highlights.
Here’s what went down during Week 4 (Sept. 14-Sept. 16):
Kenan Jones, 4-star WR
Jones turned in another big performance for the high-flying Berwick (La.) High School offense.
LSU’s top-rated wide receiver commitment amassed 167 all-purpose yards. Jones had four receptions for 101 yards. He also picked up 66 yards as the team’s primary punt return specialist.
Jarell Cherry, 4-star DE/OLB
Cherry has been a tear in the side of opposing quarterbacks this season, and that trend continued on Friday.
The 4-star edge rusher picked up another sack and forced a pair of fumbles in Dallas Carter (Texas) High’s 53-0 rout of Sunset (Texas) High.
Damone Clark, 4-star LB
Clark had another steady game at linebacker for Southern University (La.) Lab. The 4-star linebacker amassed 6 tackles and delivered a giant pancake when his defense forced an interception and returned it downfield.
Dare Rosenthal, 4-star DL
After sitting out last week with a concussion, Rosenthal returned to the Ferriday (La.) High School defense in a big way on Friday. The 6-foot-7, 331-pound prospect recorded 6 tackles, including 4 for loss. From his defensive end spot, Rosenthal hurried the quarterback twice and blocked a field goal.
Cameron Wire, 3-star OT
Making his full return from injury this week, Wire was a force at left tackle for East Ascension (La.) High School.
Wire was dominant as a run blocker and protecting his quarterback’s blindside. He recorded double-digit pancakes, 14 of which can be seen in his highlight tape below.
The 6-foot-6, 285-pound LSU commitment added weight and strength in the offseason, which was clear to see in his first start of the season on Friday.
Dantrieze Scott, 3-star DE/OLB
Ferriday (La.) High School’s do-it-all athlete was dominant again, making his presence felt on defense this week.
Scott registered 4 tackles, including 2 for a loss. He also forced a fumble and returned an interception 25 yards for a touchdown.
Odds and ends
- The Evangel (La.) Academy trio of LSU commitments — 4-star DL Davin Cotton, 3-star LB Micah Baskerville and 3-star DB Ar’Darius Washington — did not play this week. Their game against Trinity Catholic was canceled. Cotton is expected to miss the entire season due to an undisclosed leg injury.
- Jaray Jenkins, a 3-star WR commitment, is expected to miss an extended period after sustaining a fractured tibia last week in Jena (La.) High’s opener. Jenkins underwent surgery last Monday.
- Tae Provens, the Tigers’ 3-star running back pledge, sat out a second consecutive week as he nurses a minor ankle injury.
- LSU’s Florida commitments — 3-star tight end Zach Sheffer and 3-star running back Chris Curry — did not compete this week. Both of their games were wiped out because of Hurricane Irma.
- Ja’Quon Griffin, LSU’s 3-star defensive line pledge from Georgia, had a bye week.
Maurice Hampton, 4-star DB
In a tough loss, Hampton — doing most of his work on the offensive side — had 4 catches for 60 yards.
Tyrion Davis, 4-star RB
Davis turned in another 100-plus yard rushing effort, this time in a rivalry game against Scotlandville (La.) High.
The 4-star tailback piled up 159 yards on 18 carries, including a 20-yard touchdown. Davis also scored on a 2-point conversion early in the game to get Southern University (La.) Lab within two points.