Spring football has come and gone, but it’s never too early for bowl projections.
Campus Insiders’ Pete Fiutak released his post-spring bowl projections and had 12 SEC teams getting in on the bowl bonanza in 2016. Three of those teams were projected for a New Year’s Six game, but only one to the College Football Playoff. Fiutak believes LSU will compete for the College Football Playoff against Boise State in the Peach Bowl, and then against Ohio State in the CFP National Championship Game.
Here’s a list of where each SEC team could be bowling this season.
- Georgia: Citrus Bowl (Orlando) vs. Wisconsin
- Florida: TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville) vs. North Carolina
- Arkansas: Outback Bowl (Tampa) vs. Michigan State
- Mississippi State: Independence Bowl (Shreveport, La.) vs. Duke
- Texas A&M: Texas Bowl (Houston) vs. TCU
- Missouri: Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) vs. Pittsburgh
- South Carolina: Belk Bowl (Charlotte) vs. Florida State
- Ole Miss: Music City Bowl (Nashville) vs. Penn State
- Auburn: Liberty Bowl (Memphis) vs. West Virginia
- Alabama: Orange Bowl (Miami) vs. Louisville
- Tennessee: Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) vs. Baylor
- LSU: College Football Playoff Peach Bowl (Atlanta) vs. Boise State; College Football Playoff National Championship (Tampa) vs. Ohio State