Sound Off: Breaking down LSU bowl game possibilities
BATON ROUGE, La. — The end of the regular season is upon LSU, and it comes with a few questions that need answering.
On this week’s edition of “Sound Off,” SEC Country beat writers Alex Hickey and Nick Suss break down the three biggest topics of conversation surrounding the Tigers, beginning with a discussion of LSU’s potential bowl destinations and opponents.
- Also see: Rashard Lawrence REALLY likes Thanksgiving
- Orgeron credits Les Miles for ‘blocking out the noise’
- The tale of an extraordinary LSU superfan Evil Twin
From there, the conversation moves to LSU’s injured players and the chances of their returning to action. Finally, we end with a breakdown of which seniors will be playing their final games in Tiger Stadium on Saturday and which underclassmen might join the seniors in the 2018 NFL Draft.
Below is a list of time stamps to help you navigate the topics discussed in the video:
- 0:30: With a win versus Texas A&M, LSU will post its best conference record since 2012. That leads to the inevitable question: Where will LSU go bowling? Three bowls appear to be in play, with one having a special tie-in for New Orleans Saints fans.
- 3:20: Just as was the case a week ago, LSU heads into the Texas A&M game less than 100 percent in terms of health. Which Tigers are battling the worst injuries, and which ones can we expect back for Saturday?
- 5:00:Saturday is senior night in Tiger Stadium, with standouts such as quarterback Danny Etling, wide receiver DJ Chark and defensive linemen Christian LaCouture and Greg Gilmore, among others, playing their last home game. But will star juniors Derrius Guice and Arden Key also head to the NFL after this season? What about the team’s other juniors? Which ones might also be playing their final game in Death Valley?
NEXT Which LSU commits are deserving of a bump in the rankings?