2 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Happy Thanksgiving, Mississippi State fans! Today is a perfect day to be thankful for how close we are to rivalry Saturday and with it, the Egg Bowl. We’ve got you covered with everything you need to know before then.
Here are two things to know:
- Monday, rumors surfaced that coach Dan Mullen might be the man to replace legendary Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer, who is set to retire at the end of the season. Now, there’s talk that Mullen is interested in another job in the state — the Virginia Cavaliers.
- If you ask Mullen, it’s too early to talk about the Heisman Trophy race — even with one week left in the regular season. But he admits that his quarterback, Dak Prescott, should certainly be in the conversation.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss starting left tackle Laremy Tunsil may be one of the best offensive linemen in the country, but he missed the Rebels’ first seven games because of an NCAA violation. Now that he’s back, Ole Miss’ offense is rolling. (ClarionLedger.com, Daniel Paulling)
- The latest College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday, and with them came some hope about Mississippi State’s bowl bid. (ForWhomtheCowbellTolls.com, Daniel Black)
- Perhaps the best game of the storied rivalry, 2007’s Egg Bowl holds a special place in the heart of former Bulldog Dominic Douglas. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner and Daniel Paulling)
The best stories around the SEC
- Kirk Herbstreit: Iron Bowl is “dangerous game” for Alabama, “a lot tougher than people realize”
- Alabama’s AJ McCarron, Auburn’s Chris Davis highlight funny new Iron Bowl commercials
- Clemson’s Dabo Swinney: Steve Spurrier was “one of the best to ever walk the sidelines”
- Report: Several SEC assistant coaches could be targets for Central Florida opening
- Ole Miss football players deliver Thanksgiving baskets to local residents