2 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
There was huge news in the world of coaching today, and Mississippi State fans can breathe a sigh of relief — it didn’t involve Dan Mullen. Here’s everything to help you catch up.
Here are two things to know:
- Ex-Georgia coach Mark Richt accepted the Miami job Wednesday. Richt and Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen have been linked to multiple coaching openings lately, so Richt taking the job in Coral Gables may impact Mullen’s future.
- Dak Prescott is one of three SEC quarterbacks who were announced as finalists for the Manning Award, which is given to the nation’s best quarterback.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- There were rumors that Mullen had interviewed for the Miami job before Richt. What does that mean for Mississippi State’s future? (ForWhomtheBellTolls.com, Justin Sutton)
- Mississippi State’s final game of the season was disappointing, but it was not without its lessons. (AL.com, Creg Stephenson)
The best stories around the SEC
- Report: Mark Richt expected to take Miami coaching job.
- Mark Richt will have an advantage at Miami that he didn’t have at UGA.
- Current and former Miami players react to the Mark Richt announcement.
- Former UGA great Hines Ward interested in joining Kirby Smart’s staff.
- Paul Finebaum suggests this could be Nick Saban’s last season at Alabama.