On Tuesday, Mississippi State had its first full-pads practice in preparation for its Belk Bowl matchup with NC State on Dec. 30. The Bulldogs will break for Christmas on Saturday, but there’s still news to catch up on before then.
Here are two things to know:
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott will play his final game for the Bulldogs in two weeks. So who will replace the best quarterback in school history? Redshirt freshman Nick Fitzgerald seems the likely candidate.
- Emmit Gooden, a 4-star defensive end, has announced three finalists for his commitment — Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State. Gooden will announce his final decision this week.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- NC State quarterback Jacoby Brissett began his career with a game against an SEC team. Four years later, the senior is taking on another SEC team in his last collegiate game. (Greensboro.com)
- Mississippi State safeties coach Tony Hughes was announced as the new head coach at Jackson State on Monday, but he might have one more game on the Bulldogs’ sideline. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
The best stories around the SEC
- Jacob Eason reaffirms his decision to play at UGA.
- Elite SEC talents well represented in latest NFL mock draft.
- UGA should make Jacob Eason ‘QB1’ from day one.
- Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche releases statement following hotel fall.
- South Carolina football’s $50 million project approved, practice facility to be named after USC legend.