Mississippi State might not have turned many heads with its recruiting class on signing day, but the Bulldogs did manage a solid class overall and have a proven track record of turning low-ranking recruits into stars.
Here are two things to know:
- Even though the Bulldogs’ recruiting class wasn’t spectacular, Mississippi State alumni and staff were out in force on Twitter during signing day.
- Wednesday also showed what has become a trend in coach Dan Mullen’s tenure in Starkville.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Mississippi State’s recruiting season was, by Mississippi State standards, pretty good, but most of that hinged on one player, wrote Pete Fiutak of CampusInsiders.com.
- The Bulldogs might not have landed too many four and five-star recruits, but that’s not a problem. In fact, it’s all part of the plan, wrote Michael Bonner of the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
The best stories around the SEC
- PASSING THE TORCH: Alabama 5-star legacy looks to follow in father’s footsteps
- Former Alabama star lists apartment on Airbnb for Super Bowl Sunday
- Former Florida star Chris Leak lands head coaching job
- Georgia’s top-rated prospect on Auburn: ‘That was the place for me’
- Ex-UGA recruit tweets out what appears to be direct messages from Kirby Smart