2 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Happy Monday, everyone. It was another successful weekend for Mississippi State, who erased a 14-point deficit to beat Louisiana Tech 45-20 on Saturday. It was a nice way for the Bulldogs to build some momentum before its final five games, which are all against SEC opponents.
Here are two things to know:
- Mississippi State remained outside both top 25 polls, but only by the smallest of margins. The Bulldogs are ranked No. 26 in both the Associated Press and Amway Coaches Poll.
- The Bulldogs will only face SEC opponents for the rest of the regular season and will start with the Kentucky Wildcats next Saturday. The Wildcats are 4-2, but are coming off a 30-27 loss to Auburn on Thursday.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- The Bulldogs fell behind 14-0 to Louisiana Tech, but Michael Bonner of The Clarion-Ledger wrote that after the slow start, Mississippi State played some of its best football of the season.
- Mississippi State played well as a team, but quarterback Dak Prescott was absolutely tremendous. He broke several records on Saturday while leading his team to victory.
- Even though it was one of Mississippi State’s best games of the season, there is certainly room for improvement. Maroon and White Nation revealed which areas need work in their grades from Saturday’s performance