After an inspiring 42-16 victory over Kentucky, Mississippi State begins a well-deserved bye week. Although the team may take a few more breaks than usual this week, we will continue to keep you up-to-date on everything you need know. So don’t worry, this bye week will be over before you know it and the Bulldogs will be back on the field soon. Until then…
Here are 2 things to know:
- The win over Kentucky was enough to convince AP Poll voters to include Mississippi State in this week’s Top 25.
- Mississippi State’s performance in Saturday’s win was one of its best all season. Quarterback Dak Prescott looked like a Heisman contender while the defense forced three turnovers. As expected, the team’s report card looked pretty good.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- A big win like Saturday’s should not go unnoticed among recruits. Fortunately for the Bulldogs, there were some big-time prospects at Saturday’s game.
The best stories around the SEC
- After several head coaching positions have become available, Alabama may be in danger of losing a slew of assistant coaches.
- One of the more notable storylines on Saturday was Texas A&M’s handling of its quarterback situation.
- South Carolina may finally be healthy at the quarterback position, but that doesn’t mean it is looking to make a change.