2 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
What could make hump day better? Waking up to learn Mississippi State was ranked in the first edition of the 2015 College Football Playoff rankings. With four big-time SEC games left on the schedule, the 6-2 Bulldogs have plenty of chances to improve their resume, as well. Let’s start your morning off right and dive right into the latest links.
Here are two things to know:
- Mississippi State became one of six SEC teams to crack the top 25 of Tuesday night’s Playoff rankings. In fact, the Bulldogs did even better than most expected. Check out where they stood compared to their conference counterparts, and also which schools still stand in their way.
- SEC Country has an updated look at the Bulldogs’ bowl projections heading into Week 10. The roundup features a few Florida bowls, a couple of Tennessee showdowns and a handful of interesting potential opponents. Of course, Mississippi State can easily improve those prognostications with a strong finish.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Inside Mississippi State Sports takes a look at former Bulldogs in the NFL and how they performed over the past week. K.J. Wright is still killing it in Seattle.
- Defensive lineman Torrey Dale moved from end to tackle at the end of training camp, and it has paid big dividends in the form of increased playing time this season. Paul Jones of Bulldawgs247 has that and more on Dale.
- The Mississippi State women’s basketball team, coming off one of its most successful campaigns ever, earned the highest preseason ranking in school history in Tuesday’s AP Poll.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU and South Carolina to auction off Fournette, Miles and Spurrier memorabilia
- What national media are saying about the first College Football Playoff rankings
- Louisiana newspaper begins “Bama Hate Week” with list of things to hate about Alabama
- Inexperience, not talent the biggest cause for inconsistent SEC quarterback play