The second College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday, and Mississippi State finds itself inside the top 20 for the first time this season. But bowl projections for the Bulldogs are still mediocre at best.
Here are two things to know:
- After ranking No. 20 in the first CFP poll of the season, Mississippi State came in at No. 17 in week two of the poll, the fourth best position for an SEC team.
- The Bulldogs have won six of their last seven games and they’ll need every ounce of that momentum heading into Saturday’s showdown with Alabama. A win against the Tide could help to improve the team’s bowl projections. Until that happens, here’s where experts have the Bulldogs after the team’s 7-2 start to the season.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Mississippi State WR De’Runnya Wilson: Cyrus Jones is best SEC corner I’ve faced (Michael Casagrande, AL.com)
- Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott first 2015 Conerly Trophy nominee announced (SunHerald.com)
The best stories around the SEC
- What national media are saying about the second College Football Playoff rankings
- Report: LSU investigating Leonard Fournette’s family for possible NCAA violations
- Three reasons why Florida has a gripe with its latest College Football Playoff ranking
- Florida athlete announces de-commitment from Kentucky
- 4-star LSU commit still looking, has family ties outside the SEC