2 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Saturday cannot come soon enough for Mississippi State. The Bulldogs’ game against Arkansas is a chance to forget about a beatdown at home at the hands of Alabama and all the fallout that has come from that loss. Until then, we’ve got some reading for you.
Here are two things to know:
- The third College Football Playoff rankings were released on Tuesday, and the poll was not kind to the Bulldogs.
- After Saturday’s loss to Alabama, Mississippi State stands at 7-3 on the season. Here is what some experts think of the Bulldogs’ bowl projections now.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Tom Murphy of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette believes Dak Prescott’s Bulldogs are going to end Arkansas’ hot streak this weekend in Fayetteville.
- At the same time, Alex Scarborough of ESPN wrote that it may be time for Dan Mullen to move on from Starkville.
- Last week, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen said his team’s defense was fantastic other than a few plays against Alabama. But those plays were more than enough to turn the tide of the game. If Mississippi State wants to win at Arkansas, it’ll need to limit more game-changing plays on Saturday, wrote David Brandt of the Associated Press.
The best stories around the SEC
- Report: LSU’s Les Miles could be on the hot seat.
- Auburn-Alabama “Kick Six” further immortalized as a Jeopardy answer.
- Charleston Southern coach jokes about Alabama game, says 50-point spread would be “low.”
- Via Chicago: The nation’s best point guard returns “home” with some new ink.
- No. 2 Kentucky beats up No. 5 Duke, 74-63, in Champions Classic.