Mississippi State’s matchup with Arkansas is only two days away, and with it comes a chance for retribution.
The Bulldogs need a win, and even though the Razorbacks have won four straight this season, Mississippi State has come out on top the last three times the teams squared off. Before that happens one more time, let’s get caught up.
Here are two things to know:
- Freshman wide receiver Malik Dear is returning after missing two games because of injury. It couldn’t come at a better time for the Bulldogs.
- Mississippi State fell out of the College Football Playoff rankings this week, but one Fox Sports analyst believes the Playoff committee has made some questionable decisions.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Though Dear only sat out two games this season, that’s the most he’s ever missed in one season. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
- Dear’s re-entry into the lineup will be crucial for Mississippi State, as the multi-talented freshman can aid an ailing Bulldog run game. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
- But in order for the run game to get anything done, Mississippi State’s offensive line needs some serious work. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
The best stories around the SEC
- Report: Ole Miss LB Denzel Nkemdiche in hospital.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema wants an SEC-Big Ten Challenge in football.
- What would an SEC-Big Ten football challenge look like?
- WATCH: Nick Saban goes on epic rant about 2011 Georgia Southern game.
- Report: Steve Spurrier considering ambassador role at South Carolina.