2 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Wednesday is upon us and yeah, Thanksgiving might be Thursday. But we all know the real action of the week doesn’t happen until Saturday, when Mississippi State plays host to Ole Miss at Davis Wade Stadium.
Until then, we’ve got you covered.
Here are two things to know:
- The fourth edition of the College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday night, and Mississippi State found itself back in the poll after dropping out last week.
- A few days after surviving one of the highest scoring games in SEC history — a 51-50 win at Arkansas — Mississippi State’s bowl projections have certainly improved.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss has struggled with injuries on its defense all season and the Rebels have had their “peaks and valleys,” as coach Hugh Freeze put it. The Rebelsmight be without four key players when they travel to Starkville this weekend. (ClarionLedger.com, Daniel Paulling)
- Saturday’s Egg Bowl will mark the Mississippi State seniors’ final games in Davis Wade Stadium. More than any group before them, this class has changed the landscape of Mississippi State football. (ESPN.com, Sam Khan, Jr.)
- Of course, the most notable of those seniors is quarterback Dak Prescott. Last year, Prescott’s Bulldogs lost to the Rebels and surrendered the Golden Egg. Saturday, the senior gets his last chance at securing the trophy. (AP, David Brandt)
The best stories around the SEC
- Former South Carolina QB Connor Shaw calls out Gamecocks on Twitter
- Bo Jackson says Derrick Henry is “No. 1 choice” for Heisman Trophy
- A two-loss SEC team could still make the Playoff: Here are the scenarios
- National media reacts to latest College Football Playoff rankings
- Auburn responds to Alabama player who hadn’t heard of Carl Lawson