Happy Tuesday, everyone. Coming off a successful 45-20 victory over Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State feels great but has already turned the page to Kentucky.
Here are two things to know:
- Unlike cross-state rival Ole Miss, Mississippi State took care of business against its out-of-conference opponent on Saturday. As a result, the Bulldogs passed the Rebels in the SEC Country Official Power Poll.
- However, Mississippi State wasn’t able to leave Saturday’s game unscathed. Sophomore linebacker Dez Harris is out with an ACL tear for the third straight season.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Michael Bonner of The Clarion-Ledger wrote that it is actually Harris’ third ACL tear since his senior year of high school.
- Mississippi State fans can’t say enough about the performances from Bulldogs quarterback Dak Prescott this season, but, Hugh Kellenberger of The Clarion-Ledger wrote that no one is noticing outside of Mississippi.
- Gridiron Now had more on Prescott’s record-setting day against Louisiana Tech where he became just the third SEC quarterback to have 50 passing and 30 rushing touchdowns in a career.
- Have you missed the famous Mississippi State fan Stingray the last few weeks?Well, he is back with a special Halloween rant.