Saturday night’s game was a wild ride and even though it’s over, there’s still plenty to relive. The two teams combined for more than 1,000 yards, 14 touchdowns and 101 points. Read up on everything that came out of that game here.
Here are six things to know:
- Coach Dan Mullen was speechless in the locker room after the game. So he did the only thing that made sense: The Dab.
- Though they came away with the win, the Bulldogs’ performance Saturday was far from perfect. Check out the team’s report card based on the Arkansas game.
- Mississippi State alumni took to Twitter Saturday night to cheer on their Bulldogs, anguish over a back-and-forth game and then boast about a win.
- The win Saturday night also put Mississippi State back in the AP Top 25 rankings. The Bulldogs had dropped from No. 20 to unranked after losing to Alabama.
- Looking forward to the weekend, betting lines opened for Saturday’s installment of the Egg Bowl.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Quarterback Dak Prescott led Mississippi State to one of its most impressive seasons in recent history last year. But none of it mattered when he lost to Ole Miss and the Rebels took home the Golden Egg. This week, he’s determined to secure it for the Bulldogs in his final season. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
- While the last-minute blocked field goal was the most visible breakdown for the Razorbacks, it wasn’t the only mishap for Arkansas. (SWTimes.com, Eric W. Bolin)
- On the other side of the ball, there was plenty of prep-work that went into Beniquez Brown’s block, and plenty happening on the sideline during the crucial play. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
The best stories around the SEC
- Best quotes from around the SEC: “Quitting??? You’ve got to be kidding me”
- What is at stake for every SEC team in the final week of the regular season
- SEC Haters: “Last two years, SEC has been overrated”
- Report: Les Miles may be finished at LSU
- Alabama-Auburn Iron Bowl hype video is on a different level