3 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Happy Sunday, everyone. After notching a 42-16 victory over Kentucky in front of the home crowd, the Mississippi State faithful should be on cloud nine. The Bulldogs enter their bye week already bowl eligible and 2-2 in the SEC. If Mississippi State wins out, they still have a chance at the SEC West title. Even better,the Bulldogs’ two hardest opponents left on the schedule — Alabama and Ole Miss — will both visit Starkville.
Here are three things to know:
- Mississippi State fans weren’t the only ones smiling on Saturday. Coach Dan Mullen was smiling and photobombing quarterback Dak Prescott’s postgame interview on the field.
- Prescott threw his first interception of the season on Saturday, but he still had a career day, doing it all for Mississippi State against Kentucky. He set a regular season career-high with 348 passing yards and led the team with 117 rushing yards. Prescott also accounted for six total touchdowns.
- But in the first quarter, tensions were high between Mississippi State and Kentucky. In fact, so high that a Bulldogs cheerleader taunted a Wildcats player on the sideline.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- The Bulldogs have their sights set on bigger things, but it should not go unmentioned that Mississippi State is now bowl eligible for the sixth straight season. That’s the longest streak in school history.
- As usual, Mullen was very complimentary of his quarterback in his postgame press conference.
- All week, Mullen and the Bulldogs talked about the rivalry between Mississippi State and Kentucky, but the result on Saturday proves that the Wildcats have a long way to go in order to regain a foothold in this series.