3 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
It’s the start of a new week — the first after Mississippi State’s 8-4 regular season — and now the wait is on to see where the Bulldogs will play their bowl game.
While you wait, we’ve got you covered on everything you might have missed over the weekend.
Here are three things to know:
- Mississippi State lost back-to-back Egg Bowls for the first time since 2004, and it was mostly thanks to its worst quarter of football this season. Check out the report card the Bulldogs earned in the loss.
- Bulldogs alumni were pretty vocal on Twitter during the 88th Egg Bowl — some with praise, others with disappointment.
- After beating Arkansas 51-50 last week, Mississippi State found itself back in the AP Top 25. But losing to Ole Miss knocked the Bulldogs back out of the rankings.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Senior quarterback Dak Prescott took the final Dawg Walk of his career, and here’s what that experience felt like. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
- Prescott’s Dawg Walk was emotional, and his introduction at senior night even more so. But when game time came, Ole Miss ruined the night by shutting him down in the first quarter and climbing to an insurmountable lead. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
The best stories around the SEC
- Mark Richt and UGA have “mutually agreed” to part ways.
- Current UGA players react to end of Mark Richt era.
- Ex-UGA great Todd Gurley’s reaction to Mark Richt news: “I was pissed off.”
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will transfer.
- SEC rooting guide, odds for conference championship weekend.